Hoping Man

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I've missed you, CBC

I love the CBC.

Does that mean I love everything about the CBC? No. Sometimes it drives me crazy, and I often disagree with the views expressed.

Does that mean I love every show on CBC radio and television? No. I highly dislike many of them.

Does that mean I think it's fair that private broadcasters have to make it on their own, while the CBC gets millions in government funding? No, and I would vote against CBC funding in a referendum, under certain circumstances.

I love the CBC for three reasons.
  1. Commercial-free radio with unique content
  2. Excellent television news
  3. The National Research Council 1:00 PM time signal
Note that Hockey Night in Canada is not on the list.

I've missed the CBC these many weeks during their labour dispute. I'm glad they're back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home