Hoping Man

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I miss Mel

In the wake of the unveiling of Stephen Harper's cabinet - which contains some old Mike Harris ministers - the CBC talked this morning about the sour relationship that the former Ontario Premier had with cities in general, and Toronto in particular. Current Toronto mayor David Miller seems optimistic about the future relationship (despite his actions during the campaign).

And then they played a soundbite from former Toronto mayor Mel Lastman. The memories flooded back. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was cut out for the job (to put it gently) but he was always entertaining. He basically said that Mike Harris won't run this city, because "Everything Mike Harris touches turns to crap." I laughed out loud. You just don't hear stuff like that from politicians these days. I miss him. I don't want him back, but I miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home